100 word challenge – Jessica

Posted by: | February 11, 2016 | 15 Comments |

The letter
She was shocked to see…
She opened the letter she was sent away far far away
When she arrived she spotted the crusty old house. Chipped wood broken glass she whispered under her breath “hello” then she shouted as loud as she could “HELLO”. Dust started to fall in fine spirals from the ceiling. That night she couldn’t sleep. Noises screaming. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, every step she took there grew a louder knock at the door. She answered the door there was nobody there. Eva screamed and fell to the ground she was shocked to see it was her father.

under: English, Literacy, Quadblogging
Tags:

1. By: Mr G, Sheffield, UK (Team 100WC) on February 14, 2016 at 8:30 pm

Quite a tense and suspenseful tale Jessica, with a completely unexpected ending. Her father? A shock indeed! I loved the sentence ‘Dust started to fall …’ and wonder whether you could craft something similar from the ‘Chipped wood broken glass’ section to make that even more powerful.
    Well done and keep rising to the Challenge.

2. By: Macey on February 16, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Hi Jessica, i’m your quad blog buddie, and was wondering, what do you like to do? who is your best friend? what’s your favorite subject in school? please comment back soon.

3. By: Ethan on February 16, 2016 at 4:53 pm

I really liked your descriptive words in the story. The ending made me really want to know what happens when the father is home. What time do you start school and what time do you end school? I play basketball, American football, and baseball, do you like sports? Do you have any pets? What is your capital in your city? I really liked your 100 word challenge and I will talk to you later.

4. By: Jessica on February 23, 2016 at 7:54 pm

heya Macey how r u ??
    I don’t really have a favourite subject in school what is yours ??
    I love playing with my friends and I love all of my friends hope I answered all of your questions
    what do you like to do in your spare time??
    thanks Jessica

• By: Macey on February 26, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Hey Jessica! Thanks for commenting back! you did answer all my questions. In my spare time i like to do gymnastics and draw. Thanks- Macey

• By: Macey on February 26, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Also, which one are you in the picture? can you describe yourself?

• By: Jessica on February 26, 2016 at 9:00 pm

hiya again macey
          glad to speak to you again
          wow I bet your good at gymnastics and drawing
          I have long brown hair blue eyes and don’t really know : ) what about you ?? thanks Jessica

5. By: Jessica on February 23, 2016 at 8:04 pm

heya Ethan how r u??
    I didn’t really think about what would happen after than but I didn’t know what to do at the end with seven letters remaining : ) we start school at 9:00am and finish at 15:30.Wow you must love sports and I bet your really good at it!!!I don’t really do any sports me. I used to have a cat but not anymore t went missing. London is our capital city and would like to visit it there someday. Thanks and hopefully I will get on to your blog and see what you have done. Jessica

6. By: Jessica on February 23, 2016 at 8:07 pm

heya Mr G
    thanks it was really hard cause I did not know what to write about. I only had 7 words left so it was a challenge to decide on what to do so it will get the readers thinking about it a cliff hanger. Thanks Jessica

7. By: Katerina on February 25, 2016 at 2:52 pm

I thought it was really good jessica.

8. By: Kate on February 26, 2016 at 6:08 pm

I thought your story was awesome! And by the way, my name’s Kate. I was wondering, what’s your favorite sport? I swim. And also, what’s your favorite color? I just want to get to know you better. Please, please, please, please reply back. Thank You!

9. By: Jessica on February 26, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Thanks Katerina yours was really good to !!!

10. By: Cadence on February 26, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Hi Jessica, I’m Cadence. I am 10 going to turn 11 in march. I have a little brother who is in 3rd grade. I have a puffer fish as a pet. what is your favorite color and why is there a unicorn in the back of the picture? just wondering. can’t wait to get to know you more!

11. By: Jessica on March 1, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Hiya Kate im Jessica
    How r u ??
    I don’t really know what my favourite sport would be. My favourite colour would have to be purple or red. What is yours
    Thanks Jessica

12. By: Jessica on March 1, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Hiya Cadence
    How r u ??
    Happy Early bday
    I turned 11 in January. Bet your excited for your bday. My favourite colour is Purple or Red. What is yours. Cool I don’t have a pet
    Thanks Jessica